Aug 29, 2016, 12:38PM
    I applaud your effort(s) informing the public of fake, non-authentic, non-surf tumbled sea glass. "There's nothing intrinsically wrong with (let’s just call it) beach glass, but the artists who create with genuine glass can't compete with those using those much less expensive materials”. However I have to take exception to your definition of "beach glass". The only difference between beach glass and sea glass is the pH factor in the water. I have lived my life on the shores of Lake Erie - we refer to our gems as beach glass, never looking at it as "substandard". I have owned and operated a business using beach/sea glass as my medium, have authored a book with several tutorials using beach/sea glass, an am an instructor at several art communities. In these classes I actually take the real and fake glass and have each student observe the difference(s). I am truly disappointed that you refer to this use as "craft glass". If you place an authentic piece of beach glass and sea glass next to each other, there would be no difference. My etsy shop "Beach Glass Shop" offers only authentic and surf tumbled glass from the shores of Lake Erie (with the exception of a few pieces of sea glass from the Caribbean). I am in the hope that you and others continue your quest informing the public of the scams using found glass, however I am also hoping that you understand that beach glass from the shores of Lake Erie and other Great Lakes holds its value as the same glass found on the ocean beaches. Beth Martin beachglassshop.etsy.com Beachglassshop.facebook.com
    Aug 29, 2016, 11:53AM
    I suppose the assertion that all whites are racist is subject to definitions. Some are, some not. I would emphasize that, according to your description, it's easy not to be racist. It's so easy, there's no distinction. Everybody can do it. So the necessity is to accuse the maximum number of your fellow citizens of racism to put yourself into the minority. The more racists, the smaller, hence superior, the tiny, embattled, never-giving-up band of non-racists. Thing is, nobody's believed this crap in decades.
    Aug 29, 2016, 08:50AM
    I guess the drop in crime under zero tolerance is inexplicable. Right? Ditto NYC post-Dinkins and pre-deBlasio. Boy, that's a toughie. One item which no doubt was cut for space reasons is that "crime" includes "murder". Various estimates suggest that zero tolerance slash broken-window slash stop&frisk saved thousands of lives in the minority communities. Not that there's any gratitude, any reflection, any cost/benefit, any consideration of why, exactly, all that stuff happens in minority communities. But, what the hell. They want it, they can have it. Except for, say, Heaven Sutton (aka "who") who didn't ask for it and didn't deserve it and nobody gives a shit because she didn't have the discernment to be killed by a white cop. Fuck this.
    Aug 29, 2016, 12:30AM
    Childe. I'm going to insult you presuming you're serious. I only like sports I participated in. Until recently, they were pretty obscure. Fencing, judo, lax. The latter gets a couple of hours tv time in the spring. So there's not much to watch. Not much to equestrian. The family runs to Infantry. Jeez, I feel so dirty. It's so....simple dealing with you. Okay. I'll relent. You don't really believe this stuff, do you? You're not that dumb. You're putting me on, not adding the sarc tag, right?
    Aug 28, 2016, 06:02PM
    You don't like sports because they are dominated by POC? Perhaps you should check out equestrian or water polo.
    Aug 28, 2016, 08:20AM
    Childe. Actually, I don't care for professoinal sports. I was riffing on "diverse". As to the various categories, I don't give a rat's ass. Example. I like to go to youtube and call up Mille Regretz by desPrez. Performed by Paula bar Giese. I do not intend to research their membership in any of the groups you mention. Should some obsessed nutcase bring to my attention something about one or the other, the rat's ass will not be deployed.
    Aug 27, 2016, 09:54PM
    That’s real woke that you were a fan of a team about thirty years with blacks on it, but how many of them were queer people of color, or was that a matter that didn't concern you at the time?
    Aug 27, 2016, 09:25PM
    Childe. Missed the sarc tag again. In my defense, I was a fan of the Pistons when, long ago, they were hot. And they were entirely diverse except for Bill Laimbeer. Question: Why is your opinion supposed to interest me? Second question: If you're running a club which happens, by accident, not to include gays in the repertoire of performers or composers, or blacks, ditto, how much money are you prepared to lose when you get some of the marginalized group up there and their music doesn't interest the paying customers? I know. It's not your club and the guys who do own it should go bankrupt to prove to Childe they're down with the struggle. BTW, I did civil rights work in MS in the Sixties when people who talked like you pissed themselves at the thought of going south of Cincinnati. Ever think of how....funny you look?
    Aug 27, 2016, 07:10PM
    You listen to your Perry Como and sing along to Papa Loves Mambo and think that makes your white ass diverse? What a joke. You're about as woke as a coma.The only diversity panel you'd attend would be at NASCAR on the diversity of Budweiser flavors sold to your fellow rednecks at the race. I doubt you listen to any music by queer people of color or even have one diverse friend, but if you do I’m thinking they’re of the native informant variety. Yes, I’m talking about a rented Negro, my cracker.
    Aug 27, 2016, 05:43PM
    Childe. You forgot the sarc tag. Presuming you're right, I'd be a damned fool to give it up, wouldn't I?
    Aug 27, 2016, 03:56PM
    You're obviously not a woke white person, and really there's no other way to be white. You wear your white supremacy on your sleeve.
    Aug 26, 2016, 09:45PM
    Speaking of receipts, as in "show me the money", it's possible those booking the artists are thinking of the receipts. So you have an alt-rock club, presuming that's a thing, and you book a rapper. How much money does the club make showing the alt-rock audience what a bunch of racists they are for walking out? How much money is the club supposed to lose trying to effect "change"?