- BaltimoreMar 17, 2014, 11:23AM
Seeing 2014’s best film in a grand palace.
- BaltimoreOct 08, 2013, 08:04AM
Hands-on fun for kids of all ages at Ripley's Odditorium and others.
- BaltimoreSep 20, 2013, 02:06PM
Loads, according to Baltimore’s City Paper.
- BaltimoreSep 17, 2013, 01:50PM
The curious Baltimore neighborhood refuses to mimic Harbor East.
- BaltimoreJul 24, 2013, 10:27AM
The city’s weary annual festival still has plenty to offer.
- BaltimoreJul 19, 2013, 05:54PM
De facto segregation makes the city very anxious.
- BaltimoreJul 08, 2013, 09:37AM
An anti-restaurant review of Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
- BaltimoreFeb 21, 2013, 04:44AM
Baltimore’s face of the franchise.
- BaltimoreFeb 06, 2013, 11:49AM
The temporary exuberance was thrilling in Baltimore, but now it’s back to de facto segregation.
- BaltimoreNov 20, 2012, 05:06AM
New management = new managerial philosophy.
- BaltimoreOct 08, 2012, 08:27AM
On Curse's electro-doom debut.
- BaltimoreSep 27, 2012, 06:54AM
Lee Evans, Willis McGahee and more.
- BaltimoreMar 24, 2014, 07:07AM
Politics, threads and Irv Kovens.
- BaltimoreMar 13, 2014, 06:48AM
Seeing people who live on the street still breaks my heart.
- BaltimoreFeb 07, 2014, 09:33AM
Takes on The Grill Scene, The Fuck-Boy Collective, Actual Regarded Man, Young Adverb and Zevius.
- BaltimoreJan 13, 2014, 06:39AM
Inextricably joined at the hip.
- BaltimoreDec 30, 2013, 07:11AM
Hearing a local dialect die.
- BaltimoreNov 08, 2013, 06:54AM
Roland Park Water Tower and other sites around the state deserve preservation.
- BaltimoreOct 14, 2013, 07:07AM
Look at Baltimore to see the demographic flip-flop.
- BaltimoreSep 04, 2013, 01:13PM
Remembering a local institution that’s now lost to history.
- BaltimoreAug 08, 2013, 01:28PM
At Godfrey’s Steer ‘N’ Beer no one remembered your name.
- BaltimoreSep 11, 2013, 12:44PM
With Joan Jett, The Gaslight Anthem, Dropkick Murphys, The Hold Steady and many more. Full lineup and ticket info at The Shindig's official website. Also check out Facebook and Twitter. Organized by Paul Manna and 24-7 Entertainment.
- BaltimoreMay 13, 2013, 01:38PMFrom the Sub Pop 1000 compilation, out now; a follow-up to their 1986 compilation, Sub Pop 100. You can read a whole lot more about that here. Philip Leaman directs. Via Brooklyn Vegan.
- BaltimoreMar 26, 2013, 08:18AM
Splice contributor Mike Apichella releases the Towson-Glen Arm Freakouts Compilation Vol. 1, celebrating the music of the north Baltimore DIY scene during the mid-to-late 90s. You can check out the original essay/timeline from last summer here. Or you can read the press release. Listen to the full, 43-song compilation on Bandcamp, and if you download it for $8 you'll be helping some very worthy causes (Music4More and Grass Roots Crisis).
- BaltimoreMar 04, 2013, 07:46AM
You can donate (and get some info about the spring season) at indiegogo.
- BaltimoreFeb 04, 2013, 09:01AM
Bloom is out now on SubPop. Watch the band kick it in the Lone Star State below. Pitchfork (and Pink Floyd's Live at Pompeii) made the film possible. More at the band's official website.
- BaltimoreJan 02, 2013, 08:07AM
An appropriately-timed video from Beach House's fourth album, Bloom, out now on SubPop. The video compiles footage from the band's recording session at Sonic Ranch Studios in Tornillo, Texas. More at their official website.
- BaltimoreNov 14, 2012, 09:40AM
- BaltimoreSep 24, 2012, 07:18AM
Ravens fans chant "Bullshit!"
- BaltimoreJun 29, 2012, 11:50AM
Recorded for Adult Swim, who will have a free download of the song available on Monday. For now, you can stream it at NPR. Wye Oak starts touring again in early July, with the Dirty Projectors, among others.
You must be signed in to send an article via email.