Aug 28, 2016, 06:02PM
    You don't like sports because they are dominated by POC? Perhaps you should check out equestrian or water polo.
    Aug 28, 2016, 08:20AM
    Childe. Actually, I don't care for professoinal sports. I was riffing on "diverse". As to the various categories, I don't give a rat's ass. Example. I like to go to youtube and call up Mille Regretz by desPrez. Performed by Paula bar Giese. I do not intend to research their membership in any of the groups you mention. Should some obsessed nutcase bring to my attention something about one or the other, the rat's ass will not be deployed.
    Aug 27, 2016, 09:54PM
    That’s real woke that you were a fan of a team about thirty years with blacks on it, but how many of them were queer people of color, or was that a matter that didn't concern you at the time?
    Aug 27, 2016, 09:25PM
    Childe. Missed the sarc tag again. In my defense, I was a fan of the Pistons when, long ago, they were hot. And they were entirely diverse except for Bill Laimbeer. Question: Why is your opinion supposed to interest me? Second question: If you're running a club which happens, by accident, not to include gays in the repertoire of performers or composers, or blacks, ditto, how much money are you prepared to lose when you get some of the marginalized group up there and their music doesn't interest the paying customers? I know. It's not your club and the guys who do own it should go bankrupt to prove to Childe they're down with the struggle. BTW, I did civil rights work in MS in the Sixties when people who talked like you pissed themselves at the thought of going south of Cincinnati. Ever think of how....funny you look?
    Aug 27, 2016, 07:10PM
    You listen to your Perry Como and sing along to Papa Loves Mambo and think that makes your white ass diverse? What a joke. You're about as woke as a coma.The only diversity panel you'd attend would be at NASCAR on the diversity of Budweiser flavors sold to your fellow rednecks at the race. I doubt you listen to any music by queer people of color or even have one diverse friend, but if you do I’m thinking they’re of the native informant variety. Yes, I’m talking about a rented Negro, my cracker.
    Aug 27, 2016, 05:43PM
    Childe. You forgot the sarc tag. Presuming you're right, I'd be a damned fool to give it up, wouldn't I?
    Aug 27, 2016, 03:56PM
    You're obviously not a woke white person, and really there's no other way to be white. You wear your white supremacy on your sleeve.
    Aug 26, 2016, 09:45PM
    Speaking of receipts, as in "show me the money", it's possible those booking the artists are thinking of the receipts. So you have an alt-rock club, presuming that's a thing, and you book a rapper. How much money does the club make showing the alt-rock audience what a bunch of racists they are for walking out? How much money is the club supposed to lose trying to effect "change"?
    Aug 25, 2016, 11:01AM
    Mary, I just saw Air Supply for the first time this year and have seen them three times since. I don't know why I waited so long. I am now obsessed with seeing them in concert. They put on such a great show. Love them! It is such fun meeting them, too. Graham's laugh is infectious, and Russell is just quite witty. I hope they keep touring.
    Aug 25, 2016, 06:00AM
    Adelstein is a CIA officer.
    Aug 24, 2016, 02:24PM
    You need to be the flavor of the day. Considering all the horrors white people have caused, it'll be a cold day down south before we amass the sinned-against creds of the other groups.
    Aug 23, 2016, 07:59AM
    By changing state winner-take-all laws (not mentioned in the U.S. Constitution, but later enacted by 48 states), without changing anything in the Constitution, using the built-in method that the Constitution provides for states to make changes, the National Popular Vote bill would guarantee the presidency to the candidate who receives the most popular votes in the country. Every vote, everywhere, for every candidate, would be politically relevant and equal in every presidential election. No more distorting and divisive red and blue state maps of pre-determined outcomes. No more handful of 'battleground' states (where the two major political parties happen to have similar levels of support among voters) where voters and policies are more important than those of the voters in 38+ predictable states that have just been 'spectators' and ignored after the conventions. The bill would take effect when enacted by states with a majority of the electoral votes—270 of 538. All of the presidential electors from the enacting states will be supporters of the presidential candidate receiving the most popular votes in all 50 states (and DC)—thereby guaranteeing that candidate with an Electoral College majority. The bill has passed 34 state legislative chambers in 23 rural, small, medium, large, red, blue, and purple states with 261 electoral votes. The bill has been enacted by 11 small, medium, and large jurisdictions with 165 electoral votes – 61% of the 270 necessary to go into effect. NationalPopularVote