Jul 19, 2016, 11:35AM
    Once you start shooting at cops, you've waived your right to due process. Most people know that, George. The technique used by Bakshi was called "rotoscoping", and his take on Tolkien SUCKED.
    Jul 16, 2016, 10:37PM
    society society society... you sound like an overzealous college freshman who doesn't realize who inarticulate he is.
    Jul 16, 2016, 07:56PM
    Okay, okay, so next you're going to raise the roof for Max Blumenthal, right? Your sandals are too tight.
    Jul 15, 2016, 02:08PM
    Sub. Wrt the Beatles: Of course not. It all depends on the political utility. Nobody's going to ask Hillary! to disavow anything at all. Wouldn't be politically useful. Trump, otoh, would be required to disavow, say, the Boy Scouts or be considered a murderous homophobe.
    Jul 14, 2016, 08:52PM
    I really wouldn't know what to say to someone who thinks you must rethink your work if a mass murderer likes it. Charles Manson said he thought the Beatles were telling him a race war was coming, so he killed to incite one. Did they "rethink" their work after that?
    Jul 14, 2016, 06:38PM
    Sub. "not understand". Not necessarily. Could be understands very well but hopes to fool the unwary.
    Jul 14, 2016, 06:35PM
    My father, born in 1920, said there were always kids who were misshapen. Playmates nicknamed "Squinchy" or "Gimpy" or something. Before March of Dimes, I suppose. He taught me to never, ever comment on, look at, pay attention to anything out the ordinary with somebody's appearance. Besides, the whole thing is boring. So I'll walk on by and spend my attention on something else. You're not important enough to engage my attention.
    Jul 14, 2016, 12:04PM
    I think I've figured this out, Tracy. You actually think that "Islam" and "Islamism" are the same thing. In your first comment, you claim Robinson has called over and over to ban "Islam," which is something he specifically states he does not want to do. Your comment is false. Then, you quote a video of him where he's railing against "Islamism," not Islam, and you present this as evidence of his "racism." Without even going into the matter of the ideology of Islam, which is what he critiques, not being a "race," it's obvious you don't even understand the key nomenclature, thus your inability to understand the issue.
    Jul 14, 2016, 10:50AM
    If you want to fight your right to disrespect someone because you find their gender identity annoying or whatever, go for it, but that's awfully petty. And Nicky's right, trans folks don't care if you pay attention to us--in fact we'd rather be left alone more often than not. But we're usually forced to interact with y'all because people ask us why we think we can go out in public "like that," etc., so maybe get your act together in cis society before you act all affronted?
    Jul 14, 2016, 09:32AM
    Tracey, I love your last comment, as if someone from an Islamic diversity center saying on TV he wants to kill someone is somehow better if he adds another person to the kill list. Amazing that you can't see the problem of a "religious" person from a diversity center speaking like this. Choudhary talks openly of wanting people killed all the time, and Robinson nothing even close to that, yet I know you see them as morally equivalent. Choudhary also grooms people to become terrorists.Anyway, your entire analysis is inaccurate through and through, but it's too long so I don't know if I'll have time to respond. You should have written your own article if you went to this length.
    Jul 14, 2016, 12:06AM
    Couple of items: Old poli sci truism; if a political establishment does not deal with important concerns of the populace, someone from outside may, likely will, show up who will so deal. You might not like him. See Trump, Donald. Second: It's not all or only about immigration. It's also about all the crap that comes with it. Search, as I say, for rotherham by starting with "rock the multicultural boat". Not only is this crap going on, the government not only colludes, but makes it difficult, or illegal, to mention it. See, as I say, Rotherham. That's the second layer of immigration issues.
    Jul 13, 2016, 11:32PM
    While I admit I can be hyperbolic sometimes, I’m not pulling this out of nowhere.// I may not be quoting him accurately, given the way Tommy Robinson’s (AKA Stephen Lennon or Stephen Yaxley-Lennon or Paul Harris) accent lands on my American ears, but here goes: “I propose to end Islamic immigration, straightaway, instantly. And stop the building of mosques instantly. I would make it extremely difficult for anyone who wants to have an Islamist ideology. I would make it clear that if you want to have Sharia, you go to a country with Sharia. They all say they’re British nationals, yeah? Well, they’ve got dual nationality, because they’ve got to have their Pakistani nationality as well. So if you wanna go, then go. Get out of our country, and stick your human rights, as well.” The clip can be seen here: https://youtu.be/j06vNTx6z04 I don’t know about you, but I think this is really bigoted and racist as hell.// Anders Breivik wrote in his manifesto that he admired the EDL, and wanted to establish a similar group in Norway. He corresponded with EDL leaders on Facebook. Robinson denies chatting with him, but Robinson has a knack for getting some really shady characters in his orbit (I’ll expand on that in a minute). What’s interesting is that Breivik complained that the EDL wasn’t violent enough. My calling Robinson-Yaxley-Lennon-Harris a pen pal was snarky, especially since he denies ever actually chatting with Breivik. My take is that if a mass murderer writes that he admires the work of your organization, you’ve got to rethink your work and your organization.// In regard to Robinson getting some shady characters in his orbit, there have been quite a few EDL members who have gone on to be registered sex offenders. So in addition to quitting the group (or being forced out, depending which interview you read) because he couldn’t get the Nazi scum out, there’s also sex offenders. Not to mention his own history of arrests for domestic violence and assaulting a police officer; he’s been investigated for money laundering; he has done time for travelling on a fake passport and mortgage fraud.// The guy is a charlatan. He’s a snake shedding his skin as he moves from one group to another—the BNP, the EDL, Quilliam, and now Pediga, which is also facing allegations of racism and fraud. He’ll say what’s convenient if it gets him attention and money. There are reasonable discussions to be had about the conflicts and clashes arising from Muslims migrating into Europe. But Tommy Robinson deserves no part of it.// One other thing: in that video you linked to, where the man from the Islamic diversity center wanted to send Robinson to an anthrax-infested island, he also wanted to send accused ISIS recruiter Anjem Choudary.