Sep 25, 2016, 11:02PM
    The lightning analogy fails for another reason: The feds are not extending themselves to import lightning by the supertanker load, and they're not making it illegal or bad manners to try to figure out a way to avoid being struck by lightning.
    Sep 25, 2016, 02:34PM
    Ok, Noah, if you really want to keep this up for whatever, then I can oblige you. Not having a productive discussion couldn't possibly be on you, right?  Because you're all about promoting productive discussion, instead of being a sniveling little prick, am I right?  Like how it went with you and Freddie deBoer, who should be your natural ally, maybe? Let me quote Freddie on you: "He is one of these writers that has made a living being a professional The Only Righteous White Man Alive." Now that is right on the money! I think most would agree that Freddie is a much more authentic voice of the left than you are, and he sure did see through you quickly. "Beacon of political morals" is how he described you, and once again, bingo. He wrote that you read his work with "manic attentiveness, poring over my tweets, looking for something to seize on for one of his goodness performances. It seems exhausting, but I guess it’s a living." Yes, you're a master of the goodness performance. I like this one too: "One of Berlatsky’s constant tactics is to chum the waters by lying about what someone else said, throwing it on Twitter, and trusting that no one will actually check if it’s true or not." Looks like there are people out there with some stature who doubt your character and honesty in no uncertain terms. I put this out here so people can see it's not just me grinding some personal axe against you. I'd say Freddie's got you pegged. I tend to believe him when he writes of you: "It’s all performance, no practice. They aren’t engaged in political action; they’re engaged in political posturing." Ouch, again! Freddie TKO'd you. You talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. All empty words. I'd say he's calling you a phony, which certainly rings true. As he puts it, you've "monetized a certain kind of affected progressive posturing." Well, at least you have Aurthur Chu, your fellow saint, to console you. The two Most Righteous Men Alive.
    Sep 25, 2016, 11:50AM
    So...Reginald Denny did the right thing?
    Sep 25, 2016, 11:33AM
    Texan, I have productive arguments all the time in which I modify my position. Not with you or Beck or Richard, though, very often.// Thanks Josh. I'm glad you liked the piece.
    Sep 24, 2016, 05:13PM
    This is a good piece. The fact that a major libertarian voice's knee-jerk reaction to disruptive black collective action is "run them over" does not reflect well on that movement, but it continues the proud libertarian tradition of hostility to black political action going back to at least Barry Goldwater and Ayn Rand.
    Sep 24, 2016, 10:58AM
    Noah, is it really so hard to concede that someone has made a valid point that might require you to modify your position? You're really beginning to sound a lot like Trump.
    Sep 24, 2016, 10:53AM
    I'm not justifying anything Noah. I'm just explaining cause and effect to you. What's next, your defense of drunk drivers who make it home safely from a charity event? What about looters who steal and vandalize mom and pop businesses because they are angry? As for being "libertarianish", what does that have to do with being a responsible citizen. I'm neither pro, nor, con cop. I am in favor of individuals being responsible for their actions and that includes both civil servants and civilians equally. After all, I don't recall MLK saying that he had a dream of causing innocent people harm in order to get his way.
    Sep 24, 2016, 06:20AM
    I KNEW Rooster was on bath salts! When I confronted him about taking bath salts while chaperoning a middle school dance with Debbie Boehner in Arizona, he spur clawed me.
    Sep 24, 2016, 12:03AM
    Is there some kind of pre-agreement going on here? Did you all agree to pretend nobody in the cars was threatened? No cars were damaged with bricks or rocks? A truck wasn't burned? Reginald Denny was a fiction? Reynolds made it clear that driving on was the thing to if one is threatened or reasonably fears for his safety--the latter being a self-defense defense. Did you all decide to pretend this was not an issue? What happened? Of course, he could have said, "drive on", in which case you would have been screaming that he meant to pursue and run down peaceful protestors. Tell you what. Next time there's a riot, go get yourself stuck in a protestor's traffic jam. No matter what happens, don't take the trans out of park. And open your windows. Because you wouldn't want to be against free speech. Sheesh. You all figured the rest of us were as dumb as you are pretending to be? Come on.
    Sep 23, 2016, 04:50PM
    I'll take that as a compliment, coming from someone so ignorant he can't tell the difference between a tactic and a goal, and someone so sloppy he can't even spell correctly when he's trying to put someone down, which is the one time you want to get the spelling correct, if you're trying to look smart,. which is normally your goal above all else, being the pretentious pseudo-intellectual you are
    Sep 23, 2016, 04:47PM
    Also, aren't you all mostly libertarianish? why the eagerness to side with cops all of a sudden?
    Sep 23, 2016, 04:34PM
    Beck, it's hard not to be condescendign with you because you have no idea what you're talking about in most instances. Also,you're super touchy about the fact that you don't know much, which makes it hard to resist tweaking you.// We all realize that MLK protested on highways, right? A. Philip Randolph threatened to shut down Washington during wartime. Civil rights protestors deliberately interfered with public transit. And so forth. "protest should not inconvenience anyone ever" is just not how successful protests have ever been conducted. And yes, protests are meant to cause inconvenience, because inconvenience draws attention and makes people uncomfortable, which in turn forces elites to take action.// But...you're all pretty much confirming the point of the piece, which was that Reynolds was not joking when he suggested running over protestors, and that, in fact, people (not Nick, but many people) find that idea congenial.// Texan, how'd you feel if a loved one were shot to death by a cop, and then people came out of the woodwork to concocting hypothetical scenarios to justify to themselves that your efforts to change things made you the aggressor?