Jul 01, 2016, 08:52PM
    The question of knave or fool has been around for some time. Couple of liberal protestant churches last week "lifted up" the victims of the Charleston shooting and the Pulse nightclub shooting. But not the San Bernardino shooting. Which happened in between. Probably a coincidence. Point is, Obama and Valjar are not the only ones desperately hoping that Billy Joe Bob, a Southern Baptist, member of the TEA party and the NRA and a Trump supporter can be found to have yelled at his dog or something. The DC snipers might have been caught sooner if the cops hadn't been looking for the politically correct angry white man.
    Jul 01, 2016, 08:51PM
    The Brits thought the money would go to NHS because a bus sort of told them so. They were gullible, and they'll still have been gullible even if they luck out and Brexit isn't a mess. Fine with me if they do come out okay -- then I'll be laughing at foolishness alone, not foolishness that produces misery.
    Jul 01, 2016, 08:47PM
    Seems your presumption is that it is all built on race. Maybe there's more to it. Could be. But, no, you're smarter than the people who live there. Silly me.
    Jul 01, 2016, 08:45PM
    C.T. This puts you in a position where, if the Brits do well, you have to....piss and moan. I don't, for the moment, see a world wide crisis. However, the problem is that they rejected the prospect of living downstream from an unaccountable regulations factory. Also, how many Rotherhams must one accept in order to be the Right Sort of Person? Like C. T. May fancies himself.
    Jul 01, 2016, 06:14PM
    I lied, one more set of questions. According to a mean and average of quick stats, a woman is at 20% risk (or lower around 10%) of sexual assault while attending a 4 year college with fraternities. A man in a medium security prison has the slightly higher risk with a much higher incidence of "violent" sexual assault (23%-26%). Why not focus on prisoners, who have a higher rate of victim hood, as your goto example. Or do they "deserve" to be raped?
    Jul 01, 2016, 06:10PM
    I'm a guy, but okay. You don't understand that a vast percentage of assault is caused by people the victim knows personally in a space where they feel safe. That's my last comment, I'm done
    Jul 01, 2016, 05:42PM
    One last point, why do you want to encourage binge drinking since your position is, the victim should be able to expect, that if they are so inebriated that they lose consciousness, no harm will come to them? would you really suggest to your daughter that becoming so intoxicated that she passes out, will carry no repercussions and that if they do, she is totally blameless? If so, I'm very sorry that your daughter has such a delusional mother, and pray that she does not come to harm despite her lunatic mothers ranting.
    Jul 01, 2016, 05:29PM
    I asked you to support your opinion that Turner, contrary to evidence, is not a sociopath. You offer nothing. I asked you for some actual preventative measures, and you offer nothing once again. I think we are done here, because you have no actual ideas, as opposed to just parroting clichés.At least I have a plan, flawed as it may be, which is more than you can offer. I know you'll be there after the fact to prevent victim-blaming though. Same old story.
    Jul 01, 2016, 05:26PM
    That is precisely the point I am making. I'm not blaming the victim for putting her/himself in a dangerous position. Any individual can do want they want as long as it does not harm others is my motto. And, No one deserves to be the victim of crime. However, acknowledging the simple fact that some environments are inherently more dangerous than others is just that. Recognizing fact over ignorance. If you think humans are not animals and subject to their baser instincts, especially while intoxicated, I suggest you review grade school biology rather than blame those who are merely trying to raise awareness and acknowledge the truth of the human condition. Good, bad, and ugly.
    Jul 01, 2016, 04:29PM
    Arguing against victim blaming is not an argument against situational awareness. The problem is that you normalize sexual assault when you say after the fact that someone is at fault for being at a party or drinking, because it allows assholes like Brock Turner to think they can get always with it. Also the comparison to swimming with sharks is stupid, it's a fucking shark and not a 20-something frat bro who is capable of discerning right from wrong. Everyone is capable of getting drunk without raping someone. Stop blaming it on alcohol or women
    Jul 01, 2016, 04:10PM
    The problem with this whole victim blaming concept is that it absolves women of any responsibility for their putting themselves in dangerous situations. I would tell both male and female children of mine that frat parties have a higher incidence of crime than the library. Is that victim blaming? What if I make the same factual statement after my son was raped at a frat party? Of course he is not to blame for anothers action but, I'd expect him to not put himself in a dangerous position. Is it victim blaming to say that someone who swam with sharks should have been aware of the risks? No, of course not. So once again, why is it victim blaming for saying someone should not get intoxicated while around other intoxicated idiots? Seems like an obvious statement of fact to me.
    Jul 01, 2016, 03:25PM
    Ah yes, let me develop my ten point plan to eliminate sexual assault so I can publish it in the comments section of Splice Today. That's a classic and cheap way to invalidate criticism against your own poorly thought out stance on victim blaming. I'll give you one tip though-- don't blame victims for being assaulted. It's really as simple as that. Guess who else thought the woman was at fault? The guy you label as a sociopath.